Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Beading wonderland

I have finished the amethyst/pink rhinstone necklace that I started a few days ago. It is a wonderful asymmetrical, organic piece. I will try to include some pictures of it after it's in the mail. (don't want to spoil the surprise!) I am going to start on the companion piece this morning - a matching bracelet of similar design.
I went to Jacob's award presentation this morning at the elementary school. He received awards for: perfect attendance, homework and high honor roll. All A's this 6 weeks! for a kid that gets sent to the principals office about every grading period- he is doing fine academically, if not socially.

Headlines from Crawfordsville today: (Original article by Chris Barsotti, Journal Review and improvised by me- as I know someone who knows someone on campus there---)
A Wabash student was found dead in his bed after homecoming. Alcohol considered a factor in his death, Hazing incident suspected at the Delta Tau delta Fraternity house were he was pledging. This is the second death on campus in a year. A student fell to his death from the roof of Goodrich Hall in October of 2007. Students were declining interviews on Monday, saying Wabash college public information department told them not to talk of the incendent.

1 comment:

The Oracle said...

Oh, those wacky college kids - always drinking themselves to death.