Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The finished quilt in pictures

Tah Dah!
Expert quilters- Good advice only!!! ;)
I can only hope that next year, the school decides to have the kid's art blocks done up on 100% cotton fabric. I was very frustrated when trying to quilt the cotton/poly because the thread kept breaking- literally dozens of times on each square.
Once I reached the sashing and borders, it went much better.
I hope this raises a good amount of cash for the elementary school auction on the 21st of March.
We'll See!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Quilt Complete!

I finished my Kindergarten Busy Bee Quilt this weekend. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can get it spread out for photos.
I used a black and hi-lighter neon colored stripe for the final binding. There was a 'lot of movement' to it in large pieces to say the least, but the 1" stripe at the edge is do-able.