Friday, April 9, 2010

the Yellow Saque back gown

I have completed my 1740-60 saque gown. I have used the Janet Arnolds Pet-en-Lair and adapted it for full length. I had to increase the front sides and add about 10" to the back pleat width to get the drape for the full train. I have used a cotton damask in yellow/gold. I got this done just in time for trick or treat with my 2 young boys this year. The cream petticoat is a woven pattern in a cotton blend. Looks like a hand embroidered petticoat and I am going to leave it at that. I certainly don't have the time to hand quilt one of these! Especially with my 2 boys. You can see stripes of light reflected onto the gown's skirts in these images. They are from a mirror that was in the room with the camera and they lit up the skirts when the flash went off!




No comments: