Sunday, November 4, 2007

What a Steak!


I might have possibly had the best meal of my life on Monday, October 29th.
at this location:

Ruth's Chris Steak House
9445 Threel Road
96th & Keystone
Indianapolis, IN 46240

My husband and I during some much needed time off cashed in my gift certificate from work at Ruth's Chris Steak house.
After a little trial and error on directions, we finally arrived and were treated as if we were treasured guests.
The staff were understanding and pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu ane wines.
Derek our waiter was indulgent to my silliness and recommended the 'sweetest' red wine he know of on the menu. a Pinot Noir by Greg Norman winerys. The golfer, no really.
I told him (Derek) I was going to be a lot of fun that night, and true to my word, I certainly wasn't stuffy.

The atmosphere was hushed, subdued and elegant. I loved the ballroom dance painting over the fireplace in the 'library' room. It was closed off, not being used at the time, but I could see through the french doors leading to it.
I ordered the blue crab cakes for an appetizer in honor of our desire to visit Maryland again. Initially we had planned on a trip to the east coast during vacation, but that didn't pan out as planned.

Jim and I both had the ribeye: He rare, Myself, medium rare.
Jim had the asparagus with hollendaise sauce. I ordered mine 'orlando' style, were the ribeye is topped with a generous dollop of crab meat and finished off with a few spears of asparagus and bernaise sauce (hollandaise with fresh terregon and white pepper) MMMMmmmmm delightful.

Of course, I couldn't possibly eat the whole 16oz. cut of beef, but I tried. Jim and I both made a valiant effort and then gave up and ordered boxes. As we finished off our bottle of wine, we decided upon dessert. I got to have a terrible bad for me piece of carrot cake (4 layers worth) smothered in a cream cheese frosting. Very nice.
Jim had the creme brule. A first for us. It was so soft and creamy in the middle, and the burnt sugar on top done to perfection!
I couldn't ask for a better night out.

Cheers to good food, good company, and of course- good gift certificates!

(bring your wallet friends, this is a 5 star!!!)

1 comment:

The Oracle said...

I knew you'd like it. Best steaks I've ever had.