Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Simple thoughts

Well, it's Tuesday. I've been busy at my 'dayjob' lately. It seems to be either feast or famine in the newspaper biz. Right now (today anyway) it's feast. Later this week? mostly famine. My Etsy shop is still dismally slow. A few lookers, no buyers. I'm just going to have to make a giant push for promotion, or, call it quits. Just disapointed with the whole thing right now. I'm going to give it another month.

On the home front- We've got the '05 Jeep Liberty listed in several places. I think the price point is still a bit more than most are looking to spend right now. But the bank payoff is what I must have. Sorry shoppers... More Sorry checkbook!

Our 'puppy' is about 60+ lbs. now.... just a guess as no one can get her to stay on the scales for any length of time. And I'm not picking that beasty up to hold her. She rolled in some foul dead thing from the woods this afternoon. She smells ripe.

I've been hitting the gym with increased regularity in the past month. I feel so much better for it. I've been following a clean eating plan, and working out with Jim when I can. He makes me use heavier weights than I would normally attempt, and makes me CONTINUE to use those heavier weights for more reps. It helps to have him as a spotter when those heavy weights try to smash me too.
One of my favorite magazines 'Oxygen' offers so many workouts and clean eating recipies, I'm never bored at the gym. Added benefit- I eat better. There's more work to it, but the food is about the same cost as the 'old' diet plan (which was non existant) I just don't have pre package food in the house any more. No candy, cakes, chips or cheezy dips. I can have fresh fruit, veggies, lean meats, whole grains, healthy breads and some healthy fats. There is no denial here. Just acceptance that I will never be able to eat 'HOT GARBAGE' like McDonalds, Buger King or any of those other 'fast food' places again. Sure, once in a while might be acceptible... But better not to tempt fate- eh?

Here's to Wednesday, A lower body work out day. Quads- watchout!

No comments: