Friday, October 16, 2009

Flu? or NOT the flu?


This past week (Oct 5-10th) I thought I had the Flu. Much to my pain, suffering and embarrassment, I Did NOT! I had a Very bad Kidney infection known in the medical field as Pyelonephritis.

Some of the more common symptoms were mimicking the flu symptoms:
• chills with shaking,
• fatique
• fever higher than 102 that persists for more than 2 days.
• Chills with shaking
•Mental Changes or Confusion - This was the kicker. I was REALLY disoriented with this.. Very bizarre.
• did I mention Chills with shaking?

But even I knew that after 6 days of very high fever that It was more than just a bug.
So, off to the clinic I went. After examination and a cup filling- Tada! Antibiotics to the rescue! And boy were they big ones.
Glad to let you know that Today, about 2 weeks after onset and 1 week after med start... I'm feeling better. Almost back to normal.
So... If you THINK you have the flu... But it lasts more than 3-4 days Don't delay. Visit your Dr. Today.

No comments: