Thursday, August 6, 2009

Farewell Doug Hunt




Above is Doug Hunt, life long journalist in Montgomery County area, most recently with the Journal Review. This is the type of image that many will remember of Doug when they think of him. He's at work, with a camera, a notebook and a pen - observing those around him. Doug was never without these items, they personified his life as a journalist. This picture was taken by me on October 1st, 2007 at the General Lew Wallace Study Museum Art Day for children.
I was there with my kids, having a good time, and I thought to myself... "Now there's Doug Hunt. I don't think very many people have a picture of Doug working... doing what he does best", and I snapped the picture with my little point and shoot Sony.

Doug passed away August 4, 2009.
His services are being handled by Machledt & Servies Funeral Home in Waveland, IN.
Viewing for family and friends is from 4-8 p.m. today, Thursday, August 6th.
The funeral is Friday, August 7th at 10 a.m.
Online condolences can be sent to www.machledtservies.com

Godspeed Doug. May your notebook never be full.

1 comment:

The Oracle said...

Thanks for the link. I just emailed our condolences to the funeral home. Stick a reporter's notebook into his casket if you can.